Docker Global Hack Day
 What is Docker?
Docker is an open-source engine that automates the deployment of any application as a lightweight, portable, self-sufficient container that will run virtually anywhere.
Docker containers can encapsulate any payload, and will run consistently on and between virtually any server. The same container that a developer builds and tests on a laptop will run at scale, in production*, on VMs, bare-metal servers, OpenStack clusters, public instances, or combinations of the above.
Docker is mostly based on LXC containers, but can also run on other VM types.
 Why the Hack Day?
- Because containerisation is more lightweight then emulating a full machine
- Because Docker just released their version 0.7, which should run on any recent distribution
- Because hotfixers on production and test systems should die
- Because OpenVZ is damn old
- 19H30: Live video streaming for Docker101: There will be a 1 hour long 101 online session starting at 10:30 am PST (19H30 BXL time) to help beginners get started with Docker. Nick Stinemates will be presenting Docker: what and why, Basic commands, Demo, Q&A. IRC session will be open at #docker101 on Freenode.
- Install docker on your distro
- Your first docker container
- Download some images from the long list of available images
- Run a remote X session in a container with X and x2go
- Examples of docker files
Please register at Doodle: