Alexandre Dulaunoy, one of the author (along with Michael G. Noll) of GooDiff wants to share a day with some coders (and non-coders), to explore new ideas for http://www.goodiff.org/ and related document tracking. Every ideas, contribution is welcome... forking is also very welcome ;-)
A first version of the software (along with the dataset) will be released during VJ12. That's a good opportunity to see what's possible in the future.
GooDiff development at gitorious.org : http://www.gitorious.org/goodiff (feel free to clone for the Hackathon).
Alexandre is in brussels, on invitation of Constant VZW (http://constantvzw.org artists organisation in brussels), for the Verbinding/Jonctions festival (12th edition).
 @VJ12 Brussels (Sunday 29th November 2009)
An overall presentation (including political aspect) of GooDiff will be done during Verbindingen/Jonctions 12, the Sunday 29th November 2009 around 15:30 (Zennestraat 17 Rue de la Senne) http://www.constantvzw.org/vj12/spip.php?page=list&id_rubrique=33 .
 @hackerspace Brussels (Saturday 28th November 2009)
- Saturday 28th November 2009 - from 14:00 until 19:00(?) during ForkFest09
 (minimal) structure of the Hackathon
- Hacking introduction to GooDiff (a presentation similar to VJ12 but focusing on the technical aspect and issues to monitor documents on Internet).
- Working on ideas (see below).
 Hackathon : ideas
- [everyone including non coders] - updating or providing new URLs of legal documents especially for Web 2.0 services --> to be included in the GooDiff providers.xml
- Can we extract legal text from "Le Moniteur Belge/Belgish Staatsblad" and monitor them? http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/cgi/welcome.pl .
- [coding] - improving back-end support to be independent from Subversion.
- [coding/visualization] - analysing existing dataset to see the distance between the legal text and trying to visualize them.
- [everyone]... add your own.
wendy (constant) proposed a Hackathon Sat 28th - Sun 29th of November