The workshop
For beginners and others interested in Java,
There is a permanent Java workshop starting december 2012.
Java is a generalist programming language, widely used by programmers. It allows you to create dynamic websites, applications for your phone (Android), video games, and others.
 What happens during the workshop
There is a short introduction to Java and programming, then you start coding programs of increasing difficulty (at your own pace). Those who are interested in a more specific topic will be helped in their requests.
 Practical infos
- anyone with his(her) laptop (no prior programming experience required)
 What will be covered
- basics of Java (primitive variables, control structures, classes, interfaces, exceptions, ...)
- using Eclipse
- GUI (graphical user interface)
- programming your phone with Android ! (more advanced)
- OpenGL: programming for video games (more advanced)
- the things you're interested in (bring your ideas if you want !)
- Tuesdays and weekends (and maybe other days if available) - days and hours are not fixed, contact me (vfabro at gmail point com)
- HackerSpace Brussels
For those who are interested, I'll be there on Tuesdays evenings and at least one day of the weekends. Contact me for precise days and hours (vfabro at gmail point com).