The workshop
For beginners and others interested in Java,
There is a permanent Java workshop starting december 2012.
Java is a generalist programming language, widely used by programmers. It allows you to create dynamic websites, applications for your phone (Android), video games, and others.
 What happens during the workshop
There is a short introduction to Java and programming, then you start coding programs of increasing difficulty (at your own pace). Those who are interested in a more specific topic will be helped in their requests.
 Practical infos
- anyone with his(her) laptop (no prior programming experience required)
 What will be covered
- basics of Java (primitive variables, control structures, classes, interfaces, exceptions, ...)
- using Eclipse
- GUI (graphical user interface)
- programming your phone with Android ! (more advanced)
- OpenGL: programming for video games (more advanced)
- the things you're interested in (bring your ideas if you want !)
- Tuesdays and weekends (and maybe other days if available) - days and hours are not fixed, contact me by phone: 0479/615938
- HackerSpace Brussels
rue du moulin 40 meulenstraat 1210 St-Josse-Ten-Node (Bruxelles - Brussel)
For those who are interested, I'll be there on Tuesdays evenings and at least one day of the weekends. Contact me for precise days and hours.