Wireless Battle Mesh v 2.7182
Wireless battle mesh version e (or some arbitrary number between v2 and v3)
hsbxl is organising a preparation meeting for the upcoming 'battle of the mesh' v3 (Rome, beginning of june 2010).
this meeting takes place during three days, end of februari (26-27-28 Feb 2010) in Hasselt, Belgium.
The main topic of this get-together is the preparation of the [WBMv3]
- test & announce which target OpenWRT version + packages will be installed
- test & document the configuration tools (node-configuration-factory)
- prepare other tools/infrastructure (logging-server, generating reports for test-results etc)
- brainstorm on network organisation
- test the workflow (how the different tests be executed)
- try to log physiscal radio parameters
- find a alternative to generate traffic (iperf consumes to much cpu)
other possible topics:
- OLSR, Babel, BATMAN, static routing
- Try to find atenuators
- Remote Shell on the south african simulator
- get together at HSB,
- pack gear together
- ./configure && make
- Txpower 1 test
- depending on the availability of transport, we will go to hasselt, or stay in brussels till saturdaymorning;
- car driving bxl - hasselt
- car driving hasselt-bxl
hasselt is +- 100km from brussels,
we'll have a van to do some going hence and forth the van is not available, but there will be a car driving saturday-morning, and coming back sunday-late-afternoon
- Car sharing?
- wouter has a car, but can only drive saturdaymorning, and drive back sunday-late-afternoon (17h) -- for the moment, this is the best option.
we won't have organisational costs, so cost-price will be minimal or non-existant.
 Who's in?
- zoobab (only the Friday)